What you need to do and know...
- Fill out our application on the Good Dog website. Please be honest and use as much detail as possible. We honestly want to know all about you and the life you can give one of our puppies.
- We will contact you by email to let you know if you have been accepted to be placed on the waiting list. If you want to be placed on the Waiting List please be ready to pay the $200 Waiting List Fee. Members are listed in the order of the date and time they place their fee. (sometimes placement is decided by only a minute or so ; )
- When there are puppies ready to be chosen, usually around 3-4 weeks of age, (we will contact the waiting list in the order they are listed). **Breeder reserves first choice for our own program. If we are evaluating the litter for puppies we may want to keep for our program selection can be as late as 6 weeks old before waiting list is allowed to choose.
- The Waiting list chooses in the order they are on the list, then any remaining puppies are opened up to the public to choose from. (**If you're waiting for the outside chance to choose without being on the waiting list, I will admit that in the last 5 years we've never had a puppy listed to the public. All have been chosen by our waiting list members.)
- When you choose a specific puppy you will be sent a copy of the Rental Permission Contract (if applicable) and Holding Fee Contract, and Shurbeez Sales Contract.
- "Why, you ask, do we have so many contracts?" ... experience has shown us that people don't ask significant others, landlords, or make sure things are ready for puppies until it is too late sometimes. It is our hope to make the whole process smooth for you and the puppy by requiring a lot of thought and effort before the critical time.
- When new families back out on the purchase of a puppy close to the time they are ready to go home, they will leave behind their Holding Fee - it will NOT be refunded - NO EXCEPTIONS-, as it is the guarantee that the puppy you chose would be held for you until the puppy is ready to go home. When buyers back out we have to do a lot of work in a little time to find a new home that will be ready for the puppy. Thank you for being serious and getting yourself ready before your puppy comes home to you!
- Your puppy is considered on hold for you when you return the signed contracts and pay the NON-REFUNDABLE Holding Fee, (please don't pay before I give you permission to be on my waiting list or let you decide on a puppy) it can be transferred to a puppy from another litter for up to one year if you decide to change your mind. Otherwise, it will be a guarantee to you that I will hold that specific puppy, until you've paid in full, and your puppy is ready to go home with you.
- We will refuse to release a dog if it has not been paid in full before leaving our home, whether you are standing in my home or you expect me to take it to the airport for a flight nanny to bring to you - No exceptions.
- If your puppy is not paid in full TWO weeks before Go-Home Day we will contact you by phone, and if not resolved within 48 hours, we will then make the puppy available for our waiting list members, at this time you will forfeit your Holding Fee. Any other money paid to us in addition to the Holding fee will be returned to you less any extended stay fees ($15/day), supplies, or vaccinations needed for puppy's care until it is sold.
- If you live close to Spokane Valley, WA you can plan to pick your puppy up directly from us.
- If you live farther away, Shurbeez Shih Tzu is willing to meet you half way for a delivery fee. We charge a fee of $175 for our 2 hour round trip. If the distance is greater than one hour away from us you can add $60 per hour of our travel time (round trip).
- If you live states away we can help you arrange for a flight nanny, or act as your personal flight nanny. This is an in-cabin delivery to your local airport. Most flight nannies work for airlines companies and fly your puppy to you on their days off. They require a deposit, to be paid by you, to book the date and the rest is paid in cash when you pick your puppy up at your local airport. They will also bring you all of your puppy pack and information from us. Shurbeez Shih Tzu has puppies all over the U.S.A. that have successfully flown with flight nannies.
- **If you would like us to act as your flight nanny we are more than happy to do this, we love to meet all of our clients if possible. You will be responsible for our round trip flight costs, a night in a hotel if necessary, Health Certificate - if necessary for importing a puppy into your state, and the airline fee for a pet to travel in-cabin with us, plus a flat fee of $150 for our time.
- All visits must be pre-arranged - NO drop in visits allowed
- You must not visit any other puppy locations the same day
- You cannot bring your own pets into our home
- You must send me a copy of your driver's license
- You have a time limit of 30 minutes, so we can be fair to other families and our own
- You will be required to remove shoes outside our home
- You will be required to only touch your own puppy - or the puppy we allow
- You will be required to use hand sanitizer
- You will be required to wear a mask covering your mouth and nose
- You can come by yourself or bring one guest with you
9. We will send a copy of your invoice to you with all the fees and charges enumerated. This way there are no surprises. All payments are due TWO weeks before the puppy goes home.
10. Prior to Go-Home Day, we will make arrangements for that day so we can spend adequate time with each family. That way we do not have mobs of people coming at the same time that we have airport drop-offs and long distance deliveries scheduled, etc. Long distance deliveries and if we are your flight nanny, will be scheduled after all other puppies go home to allow us to be home for pick-up day and airport drop offs. Thank you for being considerate of our time and efforts as we try to do what is best for everyone!
- Go-Home day -- We will follow the plan we have previously set up for pick-up, deliveries, etc. This is a bittersweet day for us.